Last class before spring break we ran a vocabulary unit related to Civilization 4. This is the task my students were working with:
- In this document I have listed all the different civics that can be used in Civilization 4 as well as some of the technologies.
- I have divided the class into pairs – Each pair will work with 2 terms.
- Translate the term into Norwegian and write a short description in English (In your own words) The first sentence should be in bold font and give a general definition of the term. The next 3-5 sentences should be an explanation of historical/cultural context and/or some fast facts related to the term.
- Once you have filled in the form and have learnd the meaning of the terms all computers will be closed.
- You are then going to be partnered with other pairs where you will explain their meaning to each other. Bring a pen and paper, and take notes. Make sure you ask questions if you don´t understand the description
- NB! Speak only English when giving your explanations.
- We will end the class with a Kahoot quiz on the terms that you have been working with.
- I will open the google doc for editing before we leave today. All groups must post their descriptions before you start working on your blog posts.